Written and illustrated by: Lizardo Carvajal
Mr. Andersen's shadow theatre is a unique book that becomes a shadow theatre. It contains a folding theatrine, the puppets and stages of Thumb and The Emperor's New Costume, and the librettos for the assembly of the works. The author, Lizardo Carvajal, surprises us again with adaptations of two of Hans Christian Andersen's best-known tales.
Enjoy this book made for fun; to play with literature; to explore the voice; to create with your hands; to cultivate memory, improvise and invent new stories; to marvel at paper technology and digital technology.
To see a free sample of this book click Here.
- Title: Mr. Andersen's Shadow Theatre
- Isbn: 978-958-56566-6-6
- Languages: Spanish
- Gender: Children's and youth literature
- Edition: 1st edition
- Year of publication: 2019
- Pages: 128
- Finish: Hardcover
- Dimensions: 18 x 13 cm.
- Approximate weight: 269g
What Parents and Teachers Need to Know
- For on-the-go readers (from 9 years old).
- Assisted reading from 7 years old.
- It allows you to explore the expressive possibilities of the voice.
- Develop fine motor skills through shadow puppet handling.
- It encourages the use of memory as an essential skill for the learning of parliaments.
- It invites improvisation and the creation of new stories.
- Deliver the basics to create a small shadow theater.
- It brings the roles of a shadow theatre company closer to experience.
- It brings the reader closer to the aesthetics of shadows.
- Call the theatrical assembly exercise.
- You can download Theatron app for free.
- Bring the theater to life with the sound effects and light control of the app.