The Strange Man
Written by: Silvio Rodríguez and illustrated by: Lizardo Carvajal
The strange man is one of Silvio Rodríguez's most endearing songs and now comes into your hands in the form of an illustrated book. This first children's book by the Cuban singer-songwriter is a mixture of his recognized poetic ability with the editorial creativity of LuaBooks: an elaborate accordion-shaped design that immerses us in the story of an ununderstood man and the transformative power of love.
To see a free sample click Here
- Title: The Strange Man
- Isbn: 978-958-59243-2-1
- Languages: Spanish
- Gender: Children's literature
- Edition: 1st edition
- Year of publication: 2016
- Pages: 14 (in accordion form)
- Dimensions: 15 x 34 cm.
- Approximate weight: 250g
What Parents and Teachers Need to Know
- For small readers (from 7 years old).
- Assisted reading from 4 years old.
- Invites you to reflect on how love can transform the world.
- Enables dialogue about differences.
- It allows a reflection on stereotypes and social structures.
- It motivates dialogue around identity and conviction in ideals.
- The book dialogues with a pre-existing artistic work.
- Color handling as a symbolic element.
- Articulate images, stories and music providing a complete sensory experience.
- Hyper-detailed illustrations that allow an exploration of the graphic universe.
- Interact with a book format in novel accordion format.
- Animate each of the book's illustrations with the KissTron mobile app.
- Experience the book in Virtual Reality using your VR CardBoard Glasses.