There was a woman
Written by: Vera Carvajal and illustrated by: Lizardo Carvajal
A journey through different times and geographies of humanity, with the hand of intense, powerful, entirely beautiful women, able to upset pain in hope; to resist and transform; to change paradigms of being, of knowledge, of work. Twenty-two stories inspired by reality and illustrated with mamushkas as symbols of life that springs from femininity and its strength. A perfect book to give to a woman you admire.
To see a free sample of this book click Here.
- Title:There was a woman
- Languages: Spanish
- Edition: 4edition
- Year of publication: 2014
- Pages: 128
- Number of illustrations: 48
- Finish: Soft cover
- Dimensions:14 x 19 cm.
- Approximate weight: 100G.
What Parents and Teachers Need to Know
- For large readers (from 13 years old).
- Assisted reading from 9 years old.
- Approach to the political, geographical and social universe of women in the world.
- It allows reflection on the sentimental education of human beings.
- Enables discussion and discussion of gender roles.
- It facilitates a semiotic/symbolic approach to illustrations that are a fundamental part of the book to build meaning.
- Generous illustrations in symbols.
- A complex prose with emotional narratives that care about the good and beautiful use of literary language.
- Invitation to write and illustrate your own stories of women you admire.
- Invitation to publish the created stories and be part of a virtual community.