Lizardo Carvajal, author of children's literature
Lizardo Carvajal is a Colombian editor, writer, animator and illustrator. Member of the Canadian Children's Book Centre (CCBC) and the Canadian Author Association. Speaker of children's literature and creative director of the publishing house LuaBooks.
Lizardo Carvajal was born in 1979 in Cali, Colombia. Since 2005 he has dedicated his time to artistic production in children's and youth music and literature. His work is characterized by the simplicity and freshness of his stories that at the same time raise, to children and adults, profound questions of life. His stories, overflowing with imagination, are a didactic and pedagogical tool of unthinkable scopes. He currently lives in Moncton, Canada, from where he writes and illustrates his books in his "Bird Workshop".
Author of books such as: The Bird of a Thousand Songs (2012), winner of the 2013 Digital Creation Award for Best Interactive Book and Best Interactive Book in Culture Days in Toronto 2012; Malaika The Princess (2013), Best Animated Early Childhood Short Idartes 2013 and Alicine Audience Award 2015, Toronto, Canada. Founder of LuaBooks and co-author of the Editorial Content Production Model under the Transmedia approach.
- The Bird of a Thousand Songs, 2014
- The watermelon salesman, 2015
- A real cat, 2015
- There was a woman, 2014
- Malaika the Princess, 2015
- Sir William McCrow's Fantastic Aviary, 2015
- The Strange Man, 2016
- Lila's Book, 2017
- The Secret Book of Monsters, 2017
- Wonderful flea market, 2017
- Moments, 2017
- A Russian love story, 2018
- And if the war comes, 2018
- Mr. Andersen's Shadow Theatre, 2019
- Seven ducklings in the lagoon, 2019
Lectures by Lizardo Carvajal
- Culture Days, Toronto, Canada, 2012
- Master's Conference, Catholic University of Quito, Quito, Ecuador 2014
- Seminar Workshop National Library of Colombia , 2014
- Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, 2014.
- II Digital Book Week, 2014.
- 12 Digital Reading Congress, 2015.
- National Meeting of Children's Literature, 2015
Lizardo Carvajal Awards
- Winner Crea Digital 2013. The bird of a thousand songs. 2013
- Best Animated Short for Early Childhood, Bogota, Colombia, 2013. Malaika the Princess
- Best Animated Short for Early Childhood, Bogota, Colombia, 2014.
- 2015 Alicine Audience Award, Toronto, Canada.