Written and illustrated by: Lizardo Carvajal
The author and illustrator Lizardo Carvajal once again enchants us with a necessary book in times of short-term memory. Wonderful flea market will connect grandparents and grandchildren, parents and children, on a creative journey through the life of the objects that we love and that one day we stop using. What is garbage for some is a treasure for others. This is a book to discover and be amazed with objects from other times; it is also a graphic story that tells different stories simultaneously and above all it is a book of poetry. In the marvelous flea market, the wise reader will find in his verses the string of a virtuous salesman who knows how to find value in what is broken and old.
To see a free sample click here
- Title:Wonderful flea market
- ISBN: 978-958-56199-0-6
- Languages: Spanish
- Gender: Children's and young people's literature
- Edition: 1st edition
- Year of publication: 2017
- Pages: 46
- Finish: Hard cover
- Dimensions: 22 x 22 cm.
- Approximate weight:300g.
What parents and teachers need to know
- For big readers (from 7 years old).
- Assisted reading from 4 years old.
- It enables the game with language by its construction in verses rhymed in tenths.
- It allows you to reconstruct the history of objects that were used in other generations, strengthening communication between families.
- Intertextual reading is applied when referring to classics of literature.
- It allows us to reflect on concepts such as recycling, history, and technology.
- Build a fictional world rich in symbols and cultural references.
- Hyper-detailed illustrations that allow an exploration of the graphic universe.
- You can expand the information of 140 objects using the FleaTron application.
- Download the app and scan the QR codes next to each object.