And if war comes
Written by Liset Lantigua, andIllustrated by Nashelly Lascano
The peaceful and even monotonous existence of a people changes from one moment to another due to the war. Men are going to fight, and since then life has been a slow wait through the eyes of Laura, a thoughtful and crazy girl who believes in the sea, in the future and in peace, and longs for things to return to life. be like before. A story that manages to overcome innocence over the horror of war, like a passage towards hope in an uncertain present.
To see a free sample click here
- Title:And if war comes
- Languages: Spanish
- Gender: Youth literature
- Edition: 1st edition
- Year of publication: 2018
- Pages: 126
- Finish: Soft cover
- Dimensions: 14 x 19 cm.
- Approximate weight: 100g
What parents and teachers need to know
- For great readers (from 12 years old).
- Assisted reading from 7 years old.
- Values life's priorities in a peaceful context: everyone's wishes, dreams, worries, and joys.
- It delves into the depths of fear and uncertainty that war brings with it since it is only a threat.
- It presents the value of grandparents' time: their life, their needs and interests, as a legacy for children.
- It clearly expresses the importance of peace and the lack of arguments or reasons to justify war.
- Illustrations that poetically recreate the main elements of the story.
- Presence of the plastic arts, poetry, myth, legend, and relevant events in the world history of humanity in the story.
- Animate each of the illustrations with the Colin Ord effect.